Mobility Aid Services (*)
Vietnam Airlines always provides passengers with disabilities our warmest assistance.
Vietnam Airlines offers the following Mobility Aid services:
Please inform our branch offices of any special assistance you may require while travelling with us.
Important Note: Vietnam Airlines accepts for carriage accompanied/unaccompanied blind, deaf or with problems walking if he/she is otherwise healthy and does not require medical clearance.
On flights to/from the US, medical clearance is required only if:
Request Mobility Aid Services – So simple!
When to request (*)
Except on flights to/from the US requests for Blind Passenger Service, Deaf Passenger Service, Wheelchair Service or carriage of service dog must be made as soon as possible and:
Request for accompanying cabin crew service must be made as soon as possible and:
On flights to/from the US, 48 hours advance notice is required for:
- Provision of hazardous materials packaging for wheelchairs and other assistive devices, if needed,
- Transportation of a group of ten or more disabled individuals traveling as a group,
- Transportation of an emotional support or psychiatric service dog in the cabin,
- Transportation of a service dog in the cabin on a flight segment lasting 8 or more hours,
- Accommodation of a passenger who has both severe vision and hearing impairments,
- Use of a ventilator, respirator CPAP machine or POC,
- Use of an incubator,
- Hookup a respirator, ventilator CPAP or POC to the aircraft electrical system or use of a stretcher; 72 hours advance notice is required for receipt of carrier-supplied medical oxygen.
Where and How to request (*)